Product Informationexpand all collapse all
Generic Exelon is used to treat mild to moderately severe dementia caused by Alzheimer's or Parkinson's disease. It works by preventing the breakdown of a chemical called acetylcholine. People with dementia usually have lower levels of this chemical, which is important for the processes of memory, thinking, and reasoning.
How to take
Use Generic Exelon exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction to Generic Exelon: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- feeling like you might pass out;
- severe or ongoing vomiting or diarrhea, loss of appetite, weight loss;
- feeling very thirsty or hot, being unable to urinate, heavy sweating, or hot and dry skin;
- black or bloody stools, coughing up blood or vomit that looks like blood or coffee grounds;
- restless muscle movements in your eyes, tongue, jaw, or neck;
- tremors (uncontrolled shaking);
- seizure (convulsions); or
- pain or burning when you urinate.
Less serious Generic Exelon side effects may include:
- headache, tired feeling;
- dizziness, spinning feeling;
- anxiety, depressed mood;
- mild nausea or stomach pain;
- muscle weakness;
- sleep problems (insomnia); or
- redness or irritation where the skin patch is worn.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.
Before taking Rivastigmine, tell your doctor if you have:
- A heart rhythm disorder such as "sick sinus syndrome" (slow heartbeats); An enlarged prostate or urination problems; Epilepsy or other seizure disorder;
- Asthma or obstructive pulmonary disease; or Decreased kidney function.
- History of, or current active peptic ulcer, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), difficulty passing urine (urinary obstruction), fits (seizures), such as epilepsy, Parkinson's disease.
This medicine may cause dizziness and sleepiness.
Patients will need to take care when performing potentially hazardous activities. People with Alzheimer's disease lose weight. This medicine may also cause weight loss.
For this reason body weight should be regularly monitored in people taking this medicine.
If you need to have any type of surgery, tell the surgeon ahead of time that you are taking Rivastigmine. You may need to stop using the medicine for a short time.
Tell your doctor about all other medicines you use, especially:
- atropine (Atreza, Sal-Tropine), belladonna (Donnatal, and others), benztropine (Cogentin), dimenhydrinate (Dramamine), methscopolamine (Pamine), or scopolamine (Transderm Scop);
- bladder or urinary medicines such as darifenacin (Enablex), flavoxate (Urispas), oxybutynin (Ditropan, Oxytrol), tolterodine (Detrol), or solifenacin (Vesicare);
- bronchodilators such as ipratropium (Atrovent) or tiotropium (Spiriva);
- cold or allergy medicine that contains an antihistamine;
- irritable bowel medicines such as dicyclomine (Bentyl), hyoscyamine (Anaspaz, Cystospaz, HyoMax, Levsin, and others), or propantheline (Pro Banthine);
- ulcer medications such as clidinium (Quarzan), glycopyrrolate (Robinul) or mepenzolate (Cantil);
- aspirin or other NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn, Naprelan, Treximet), celecoxib (Celebrex), diclofenac (Arthrotec, Cambia, Cataflam, Voltaren, Flector Patch, Pennsaid, Solareze), indomethacin (Indocin), meloxicam (Mobic), and others; or
- medicines used to treat Parkinson's Disease such as levodopa (Dopar, Larodopa, Sinemet, Atamet, others), bromocriptine (Parlodel, others), pergolide (Permax), pramipexole (Mirapex), or ropinirole (Requip).
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with Generic Exelon.
If you miss a dose of Generic Exelon, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once. If you miss several doses in a row, call your doctor before taking any more of this medication.
Store Generic Exelon at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Generic Exelon out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Jake F., 45, Illinos Standard ED Pack (Generic)
“My ED was giving me nightmares! Yes, I could use Viagra but it was too expensive to buy all the time. That’s why I ordered a generic version at Canadian Pharmacy and could not be happier with the results.”
Janine L., 35, Winnipeg Albuterol
“What I like most about this pharmacy is that they deliver very fast and always package it securely so no one knows what I ordered. It is a big deal for someone who has very nosy neighbours.”
Sandra S., 41, Edinburgh Zyban (Generic)
“It is nice and affordable to buy meds here. I only needed some pills to stop smoking, but I can see they have lots of offers in other categories too. I think I found a perfect pharmacy for my needs.”
Dave M., 28, Oslo Zithromax (Generic)
“I have bought a lot of medications at this pharmacy and I can tell they only sell quality stuff. Trusted and safe generics and the prices are rather low. A perfect price-quality combination!”
Erin F., 61, Sydney Xanax (Generic)
“During my treatment, I was prescribed a lot of costly medications not covered with insurance. Would’ve never been able to afford them if not for this amazing pharmacy.”
Jacob, 35, Ottawa Prozac (Generic)
"I just love how I can order from home and then get my items delivered for free. No lines, no prescriptions, it’s just like Amazon for pills!”