Product Informationexpand all collapse all
Generic Ziac is used in the treatment of hypertension and belongs to the drug class antihypertensive combinations.
One of the active ingredients of Generic Ziac, hydrochlorothiazide is a thiazide diuretic (water pill) that helps prevent your body from absorbing too much salt, which can cause fluid retention.
The other active ingredient, bisoprolol is a beta-blocker. Beta-blockers affect the heart and circulation (blood flow through arteries and veins).
How to take
Take Generic Ziac exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Take the medicine with a meal or right after you eat.
Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results.
Do not stop using Generic Ziac suddenly, or you could have a serious or life-threatening heart problem. Talk to your doctor about how to avoid withdrawal symptoms when stopping the medication.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction to Generic Ziac: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using Generic Ziac and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- eye pain, vision problems;
- swelling, rapid weight gain, feeling short of breath, even with mild exertion;
- fast, slow, or uneven heartbeat;
- easy bruising or bleeding;
- sudden numbness or weakness, especially on one side of the body;
- sudden severe headache, confusion, problems with speech or balance;
- chest pain, sudden cough, wheezing, rapid breathing, coughing up blood;
- pain, swelling, warmth, or redness in one or both legs;
- numbness or tingly feeling in your hands or feet;
- feeling weak, drowsy, restless, or light-headed;
- dry mouth, extreme thirst, confusion, increased urination, leg discomfort, muscle weakness or limp feeling, nausea and vomiting;
- urinating less than usual or not at all;
- fever, sore throat, and headache with a severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash; or
- upper stomach pain, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
Less serious Generic Ziac side effects may include:
- diarrhea, constipation, upset stomach;
- dizziness, spinning sensation;
- cough, runny nose;
- ringing in your ears; or
- blurred vision.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.
You should not use Generic Ziac if you have severe or uncontrolled heart failure, a heart condition called "sick sinus syndrome" or "AV block," slow heartbeats, an allergy to sulfa drugs, or if you are unable to urinate.
Drinking alcohol can further lower your blood pressure and may increase certain side effects of Generic Ziac.
Avoid becoming overheated or dehydrated during exercise and in hot weather. Follow your doctor's instructions about the type and amount of liquids you should drink. In some cases, drinking too much liquid can be as unsafe as not drinking enough.
Avoid getting up too fast from a sitting or lying position, or you may feel dizzy. Get up slowly and steady yourself to prevent a fall.
Generic Ziac may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert.
Tell your doctor if you regularly use any other medicines that make you light-headed (especially narcotic pain medication or barbiturates). They can add to the side effects of Generic Ziac.
Many drugs can interact with Generic Ziac. Below is just a partial list. Tell your doctor if you are using:
- Generic Insulin or oral diabetes medication;
- colestipol (Colestid) or cholestyramine (Prevalite, Questran);
- steroids (prednisone and others);
- lithium (Lithobid);
- rifampin (Rifadin, Rifamate, Rimactane);
- NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) such as aspirin, Generic Ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn, Naprelan, Treximet), celecoxib (Celebrex), diclofenac (Arthrotec, Cambia, Cataflam, Generic Voltaren, Flector Patch, Pennsaid, Solareze), indomethacin (Indocin), meloxicam (Mobic), and others;
- other heart or blood pressure medications such as Generic Clonidine (Catapres) or reserpine; or
- a calcium channel blocker such as amlodipine (Norvasc, Caduet, Exforge, Lotrel, Tekamlo, Tribenzor, Twynsta, Amturnide), diltiazem (Cartia, Cardizem), nifedipine (Nifedical, Procardia), or Generic verapamil (Calan, Covera, Isoptin, Verelan).
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with Generic Ziac.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
Store Generic Ziac in a tightly closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and light.
Jake F., 45, Illinos Standard ED Pack (Generic)
“My ED was giving me nightmares! Yes, I could use Viagra but it was too expensive to buy all the time. That’s why I ordered a generic version at Canadian Pharmacy and could not be happier with the results.”
Janine L., 35, Winnipeg Albuterol
“What I like most about this pharmacy is that they deliver very fast and always package it securely so no one knows what I ordered. It is a big deal for someone who has very nosy neighbours.”
Sandra S., 41, Edinburgh Zyban (Generic)
“It is nice and affordable to buy meds here. I only needed some pills to stop smoking, but I can see they have lots of offers in other categories too. I think I found a perfect pharmacy for my needs.”
Dave M., 28, Oslo Zithromax (Generic)
“I have bought a lot of medications at this pharmacy and I can tell they only sell quality stuff. Trusted and safe generics and the prices are rather low. A perfect price-quality combination!”
Erin F., 61, Sydney Xanax (Generic)
“During my treatment, I was prescribed a lot of costly medications not covered with insurance. Would’ve never been able to afford them if not for this amazing pharmacy.”
Jacob, 35, Ottawa Prozac (Generic)
"I just love how I can order from home and then get my items delivered for free. No lines, no prescriptions, it’s just like Amazon for pills!”